1. The birds in St. James’ Park are so used to visitors, they aren’t fussed when you get in for a close-up.
2. The pelicans are fed every day promptly at 2:30, which is awesome to watch. This little pelican was missing a wing, but that didn’t stop him from getting his fill of fresh fish.
3. To say that this squirrel wasn’t shy is an understatement. He went to extreme lengths to get pistachios from the English One (he even climbed up the leg of his jeans!)
4. The park is so beautiful it’s easy to forget that you’re still in central London, but the London Eye quickly reminds you.
5. In the winter, the sun is low most of the day, which gave us some beautiful mid-afternoon light for photos.